Re: Midway meeting

----- Original Message -----
From: "John S. Quarterman" <jsq@quarterman.com>
To: <book@quarterman.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2001 6:33 AM
Subject: Re: Midway meeting

> >I am in the book page 448. I am enjoying the website.
>
> Welcome to the list, Lois.
>
> By my reckoning, I'm your first cousin once removed:
>
> Lois Ann FLEMING, child of
> Louis Alfred FLEMING, child of
> Earnest Fortson FLEMING, child of
> Thomas Quarterman FLEMING, child of
> Jane Amarantha QUARTERMAN, sibling of
> Hannah Elizabeth QUARTERMAN, mother of
> Laura Yonge MCCULLOUGH, spouse of
> John Way QUARTERMAN, sibling of
> Thomas Shepard QUARTERMAN, father of
> David Sinclair QUARTERMAN, father of
> David Sinclair QUARTERMAN Jr., father of
> John Sinclair QUARTERMAN.
>
> That's a somewhat unusual case, actually, in that your branch
> of the family is apparently one of the few with even longer
> generations than ours.
>
> >Midway Church Annual meeting Apr 29,2001 was well attended.
>
> How many people were there this year?
>
> [ This is the Quarterman book discussion list, book@quarterman.org
> [ To get off or on the list, see http://www.quarterman.org/booklist.html
> Hi John, Have enjoyed knowing David several years now and am glad to have
had a part in the book. We had an exceptional crowd this year. We estimate
200-225. Lots of young people and children.  We also had a good attendance
at the Confederate Memorial Service in the cemetery . Several reinactors who
took part were Quartermans from Savannah I think. David knows the branch.
Keith A Q.?  Anyway, it seemed like old times. The Church looks good but
will be painted in the next year and they steam cleaned the stones in the
cemetery which look gleaming. Mixed feelings on that; the cleaning is
protective which is good but the moldering ambiance of age is gone.  I very
much enjoyed the web site. Will keep in touch.  Lois Hand