Quartermans at Chalgrove

Please help me understand the history of the Younger Branch of the Quarterman family in Chalgrove.

I understand the beginning of the Younger Branch when William, son of Herbert, inherited the "Foliot" estate through his mother. What happened then?  How long did his descendants hold that estate?  Is that the land which was more recently excavated to create a playing field?  The photos of artifacts at the Quarterman.org home page are fascinating (thanks again, Syd).

My understanding is that the younger branch of Quartermans were "landed gentry" at Chalgrove from 1166 to around 1766.  Was this the Foliot estate?  Thanks to anyone who can clarify.

-Connie
[ This is the Quarterman family discussion list, quarterman@quarterman.org
[ To get off or on the list, see http://www.quarterman.org/list.html