Re: Dr. Blair's article

 "Estate Memoranda of c.1070 from the See of Dorchester-on-Thames," from the English Historical Review, Vol. 116, Issue 465, Feb 2001; pp. 114-123.  Written by Dr. John Blair, Lecturer, The Queen's College, Oxford.

>Very interesting summary, Connie.

Thank you.  I wrote the summary the day I first read the article.  I was initially disappointed that the evidence was not more concrete.  However, on further reading and reflection I've come to realize that for the age of the material, this is very good evidence!  Genealogists are used to vital statistics, wills, land records and other concrete data.  But for the eleventh century, this is about as concrete as it gets.  So--I guess we're left to each make our own decision about whether to add William the money-carrier and man-at-arms to the family tree.  But there's an excellent chance that he belongs there.