Thomas H. Quarterman/Windsor, England

I have determined that the Natchez, Adams County, MS, Quartermans descended
from THOMAS H. QUARTERMAN who immigrated from Windsor, England, eventually
settling with his family in Natchez. His naturalization record filed in
Natchez gave us some badly needed information. Does anyone seem to connect to
this line?

1.  THOMAS H.1 QUARTERMAN was born in Windsor, England, and died in Natchez,
MS..  He married ANN in probably England.  She was born Abt. 1801, and died
October 12, 1851 in Natchez, Adams County, Mississippi.

Notes for THOMAS H. QUARTERMAN:
Immigrant Ships
Transcribers Guild
Ship: GROTIUS
December 6, 1836

PORT OF NEW ORLEANS
I, B. A. Bukup, certify that I have examined the within Manifest this day
produced to me as a copy of the original Manifest of passengers and bagages
(sic) on board the ship Grotius whereof Jeremiah Page is Master from London
with the original. I find the same to agree in witness whereof I have
hereunto signed my name this day 6th December 1836. B. A. Buckup, Boarding
Officer at ? (illegible)
Report of Passengers on board the ship Grotius of Salem, Jeremiah Page Master
from London bound for New-Orleans.
Columns represent: Name; Age; Occupation; Native Place; Country owing
Allegiance to; Packages and Trunks of wearing apparrel. Some of the baggage
will be found in footnotes because of space considerations.

Thomas Quarterma??*12    30    Plumber     Windsor      England   6 Packages,
2 Beds
Ann Quarterma??          24
Thomas Quarterm?          5
Ann Quarter?              1

December 3, 1836
Transcriber's footnotes

12. The name was probably Quartermain, but was not spelled out completely.

National Archives and Records Administration Film # 259, Roll # 14.
Transcribed by Mary Koelzer for the Immigrant Ships Transcribers
(Quarterman and Quartermain are often used interchangeably)

_______
Naturalization 1841. English origin, and became an American citizen in
Natchez, Adams County, MS

More About THOMAS H. QUARTERMAN:
Census: 1840, Quarterman name listed in Adams County Federal Census
Occupation: Plumber

Notes for ANN:
Adams County Sexton Records:
Mrs. Quarterman, October 12, 1851, 50 Years, Debility, Dr. C. S. Magoun

Children of THOMAS QUARTERMAN and ANN are:
i. EDWARD J.2 QUARTERMAN, m. SARAH A. SANDERS
ii. INFANT QUARTERMAN, d. April 11, 1844, Natchez, Adams County, Ms
iii.     THOMAS R. QUARTERMAN, b. August 15, 1831, Windsor, England; d.
November 25, 1903, Natchez, Adams County, Mississippi; (He was City Clerk of
Natchez for many years) m. CATHERINE GLYNN, November 09, 1857, Natchez, Adams
County, MS; b. 1835; d. March 23, 1872, Natchez, Adams County, Mississippi.
iv. ANNIE QUARTERMAN, b. Abt. 1835, Windsor, England; d. 1864, Adams County,
Mississippi, near Natchez, on Quitman Plantation.; m. ALONZO RIPLEY TYLER,
July 07, 1860, Natchez, Adams County, Mississippi; b. December 21, 1818,
Worcester, Massachusetts; d. September 13, 1887, Natchez, Adams County,
Mississippi.
v. MARY JANE QUARTERMAN, b. Abt. 1838; m. GEORGE THOMAS LAMBRIGHT, July 29,
1857, Natchez, Adams County, MS (from Adams County Marriage Records
1803-1900); b. Abt. 1828; d. August 17, 1904, Natchez, Adams County,
Mississippi..
vi. ELIZA JANE QUARTERMAN, b. 1841, Natchez, Adams County, Mississippi; d.
July 12, 1891, Natchez, Adams County, Mississippi, at the age of 50 years.;
m. JAMES ROBERTSON, March 19, 1861, Natchez, Adams County, MS.
vii. GEORGE EDWARD QUARTERMAN, b. Abt. 1863.
     Would be greatly interested in any suggestions or leads as to the
Windsor family that these Quartermans descended from, and if they stopped
anywhere between England and Natchez.
      Dorothy O'Neill (Djaneo@aol.com)