Quarterman Dates

org

   [1]Quarterman Dates:  November 1.
   In 1787: Rev. Holmes returns, ``Mr. Holmes remained tutor [which post
   he had exchanged with Rev. Dr. Jedidiah Morse] for a year and then
   returned to his charge in November, 1787, where he remained four years
   more, (six in all)...'' - Stacy in his History. Source: Stacy-H
   In 1754: Midway hears of Gov. Reynolds, ``On the 4th November, 1754,
   we first heard of the arrival of his excellency, John Reynolds,
   Esquire, our first Governor.'' Source: Stacy-R
   In 1696: Members dismissed from Dorchester Mass. to S.C., ``The
   records of the Dorchester, Mass., chruch, show, that in addition to
   the eight covenanting members already mentioned, eight others were
   dismissed from said church to the Carolina church on Nov. 1,
   1696....'' - Stacy in his History. Source: Stacy-H
   In 866: Norse sack York,
   .
   [2]Tomorrow:  November 2.
   In 1917: Balfour Declaration, Lord Balfour informs Lord Rothschild
   that [3]"His Majesty's Government view with favour the establishment
   in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people...."
   In 1889: SD,
   In 1889: ND,
   In 1876: Rev. Samuel J. Barrows,
   In 1698: Darien fleet in Darien, First landing in Caledonia Bay.