Re: Ga. Costal Quartermans

>From MLewis1521@aol.com  Mon Jan 17 09:36:13 2000
>Subject: Ga. Costal Quartermans
>To: dlq@mail.rath.peachnet.edu (David Quarterman)
>
>In a message dated 01/10/2000 7:01:45 PM Pacific Standard Time, Csjhart
>writes:
>
>> Sender:   owner-quarterman@mids.org
>To: quarterman@mids.org
>
>http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Fields/9537/quarterman.html
>
>This has descendants of Joseph Quarterman.
>                    David Quarterman
>Mr. Quarterman,
>My sister forwarded the above to my attention as we are both related to a
>wife of a Quarterman in the early days of Indiana.
>
>I tried to check out your site, but Yahoo tells me it is not a valid address.
> Have you moved your page?  If so, can you send me that url.  Thanks.

It is not my site. Just a site I happened on looking for some Quarterman info.
I agree that it seems to not be there now. However I go to the index for
geocities and there are items in the site index that it can't find either.

>Our connection to the Quartermans??
>
>Valentine Quarterman of Cumberland Co., PA married Sarah Early of the same
>place.  She was a sister of my great grandmother, Barbara Ann Early. Both
>were daughters of Samuel Early of Shippensburg Twp., Cumberland Co., PA.
>Several families came to Indiana about 1838.
>
>Valentine and Sarah lived in Orange Co. They are buried in the IOOF Cemetery
>in Orleans, as are Elizabeth Early Keith and Barbara Ann Early Gilchrist, and
>their families.  A brother, Samuel H. Early is buried a few miles away in the
>cemetery at Ames Chapel.  I do not know where the father Samuel is buried, as
>he has no marker in either of these cemetery locations.  Perhaps, we will
>find him later.
>
>There are several of us working on the Quartermans and are always interested
>in learning about others.
>
>Thanks for taking the time to read this.  Hope to hear from you.
>
>Marie Hurst Lewis
>Walnut Creek, CA

Did you see the other message from the lady searching for Quartermans from
Pa.? If not I can forward it to you.

Here is an url that works now. Notes that this is from Paul Poetter.

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Estates/1915/Main/d0000/g0000032.html#I1910

Email is listed as BMiller247@aol.com

He has a Valentine Quarterman, noted as being from Ireland has Daughter
born in Pa. Maybe the same person as your Valentine? I have no further info
on this family.

I found this from going to geocities and searching for quarterman

Susan QUARTERMAN

     BIRTH: 1806, South Hampton Twp, PA
     DEATH: 1882

Father: Valentine QUARTERMAN