Re: Oliver Wendell Holmes

John,

Thank you that was very interesting. I keep seeing common threads between the
Quarterman's and my non-Quarterman relations.

The Midway Church was a Congregational Church. My grandmother's (Mary Ada
Gerrish Quarterman) family (the Gerrish's) were Congregationalist hundred's
of
years before she married Joseph F. Quarterman.

I was christen the lst Congregational Church of Jacksonville, Florida. Later,
as a child I attended the new Congregational Church in south Jacksonville,
Florida which was partial funded by the Cummer family of Jacksonville, which
are related to the Gerrishs through Mary Ada Gerrish Cummer my grandmother's
name sake.

To this day, I consider myself a Congregational which as you know is not a
common
church.

The first Gerrish - Capt. William Gerrish. born 8. 20th 1617 (born in
Bristol, England), settled in Newburry, Mass and died in Salem, Mass.  From
what I understand, they were instrumental the first Congregational Church in
Mass.

All this is so interesting.....

Thanks again for your hard work....

Beverly Jones Saunders (daughter Dorothy Quarterman Jones)